We want to change the world.
Machine learning is a powerful technology that can help solve almost any problem. We think about it differently to much of the machine learning research community.
We focus on important and challenging problems such as
• Detecting and monitoring in real-time incidents using social media
• Predicting failures of widespread infrastructure
• Making machine learning transparent
• Understanding the processes underpinning ecosystem diversity
• Learning from private data
• Predicting the output of rooftop solar photovoltaic systems
• Building predictive tools for the EPA Air Quality Prediction
We develop new technologies to solve these problems and make them freely available or commercially deploy them.
- Named Entity Recognition for Novel Types by Transfer Learning
- Neighborhood Mixture Model for Knowledge Base Completion
- Fast Learning from Distributed Datasets without Entity Matching
- Trust Investigation in Decision Support System
- Computationally Simulating Intermodal Terminal Attractiveness and Demand