Published in February 2013:
- Eddelbuettel D., Sanderson C. RcppArmadillo: Accelerating R with High-Performance C++ Linear Algebra. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, February, 2013.
- Perera S., Barnes N. Maximal Cliques based Rigid Body Motion Segmentation with a RGB-D Camera. 11th Asian Conference on Computer Vision, Daejeon, South Korea, pp. -, February, 2013.
- Li H., Gao Y., Brown D. Locality-Regularized Linear Regression for Face Recognition. 21st International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Tsukuba Science City, JAPAN, pp. 1110-1113, February, 2013.
- Harandi M., Sanderson C., Shirazi S., Lovell B. Kernel Analysis on Grassmann Manifolds for Action Recognition. Pattern Recognition Letters (PRL), February, 2013.
- Techfest 2013
- International Scientific Advisory Group (ISAG).
- Xuming He Structured Hough voting for object detection in clutter Tuesday 26 February 2013.
- Nick Barnes's proposal for a special session at the IEEE Int Conf on Image Processing was accepted. The session will overview both the BVA and Monash Vision Group programs, and details on clinical, stimulation strategy, psychophysics, and vision processing. Key researchers from BVA and MVG will participate.
- Professor Jean Vuillemin (ISAG/IBAG member). Monday 11 February 2013 prior to ISAG/IBAG
Summer Scholars 2012-2013
- Chris McCarthy supervising David Feng and Henrique Castelo Branco
- Xuming He supervising Xiang Wu
- Raquel Urtasun visited CRL. Raquel met with several researchers and delivered a seminar to the group. Efficient Algorithms for Semantic Scene Parsing.
- Mehrtash Harandi who has relocated from QRL to CRL.
Computer Vision Retreat 2013
- ANU Campus Kioloa 23 January – 25 January 2013.
- Well attended by staff, students and visitors from the ANU. Programme included highlight presentations by Ian Reid and Rob Mahoney, Student Forum and Open Session.
- First for the year, 22 January 2013. Lin Gu. Shadow Detections via Rayleigh scattering and Mie Theory.
Published in January 2013:
- Reddy V., Sanderson C., Lovell B. Improved Foreground Detection via Block-based Classifier Cascade with Probabilistic Decision Integration. IEEE Trans.on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (T-CSVT), no. 1, vol. 23, pp. 83 - 93, January, 2013
- Sanin A., Sanderson C., Harandi M., Lovell B. Spatio-Temporal Covariance Descriptors for Action and Gesture Recognition. IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), January, 2013
- Wiliem A., Wong Y., Sanderson C., Hobson P., Chen S., Lovell B. Classification of Human Epithelial Type 2 Cell Indirect Immunofluoresence Images via Codebook Based Descriptors. IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), January, 201
- Alavi A., Harandi M., Sanderson C., Lovell B. Relational Divergence Based Classification on Riemannian Manifolds. IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), January, 2013
- Robles-Kelly A., Huynh C. Imaging Spectroscopy for Scene Analysis. Sameer Singh and Sing Bing Kang, Springer Verlag, Advances in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, January, 2013
Published in December 2012
- Wang T., He X., Barnes N. Learning Hough Forests with Depth-Encoded Context for Object Detection. Digital Image Computing Techniques and Applications (DICTA), Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia, pp. December, 2012
- Nasihatkon B., Hartley R. Move-based Algrorithms for the Optmization of an Isotropic Gradient MRF Model. Digital Image Computing Techniques and Applications (DICTA), IEEE, Fremantle Australia, pp. 8, December, 2012.
- Nguyen, Ngoc; Hartley, Richard. Height Measurement for Humans in Motion Using a Camera: A Comparison of Different Methods. Digital Image Computing Techniques and Applications (DICTA), Australia, pp. 1-8, December, 2012, 10.1109/DICTA.2012.6411679.
- Mau, Sandra; Lovell, Brian; Dadgostar, Farhad. Gaussian Probabilistic Confidence Score for Biometric Applications. Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications (DICTA 2012), Freemantle, WA, Australia, pp. 1-6, December, 2012.
- Yang, Yan; Dadgostar, Farhad; Mau, Sandra; Lovell, Brian. Improved Person Re-identification using Statistical Approximation.Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications, Australia, pp. 6, December, 2012.