Neville Roach Laboratory
||NICTA, Locked Bag 6016, UNSW, Sydney, NSW 1466, Australia
||Room 409, Level 4, NICTA, 223 Anzac Parade, Kensington, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
||+61 2 8306 0561
||+61 2 8306 0404
- Formal Models and Calculi for Software Systems
- specification and verification of protocols
- feature-oriented software development
- product families and product lines
- reactive and hybrid systems
- Mathematical Structures in Computing
- algebraic structures (e.g. semiring and Kleene algebra)
- process algebra
- proof automatisation
(applying off-the-shelf theorem provers)
- A Mechanized Proof of Loop Freedom of the (Untimed) AODV Routing Protocol.
T. Bourke, R.J van Glabbeek and P. Höfner. Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis (ATVA '14). Lecture Notes in Computer Science Springer, Springer, 2014.
- Showing Invariance Compositionally for a Process Algebra of Network Protocols.
T. Bourke, R.J van Glabbeek and P. Höfner. Interactive Theorem Proving (ITP '14). Lecture Notes in Computer Science 8558, pp. 144-159, Springer, 2014
- Hopscotch—Reaching the Target Hop by Hop.
P. Höfner, A. McIver. Journal of Logic and Algebraic Methods in Programming 83(2):212-224, Elsevier, 2014.
- Sequence Numbers Do Not Guarantee Loop Freedom — AODV Can Yield Routing Loops.
R.J van Glabbeek, P. Höfner, M. Portmann and W.L. Tan. Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM'13), ACM, 2013.
- A Process Algebra for Wireless Mesh Networks used for Modelling, Verifying and Analysing AODV.
A. Fehnker, R. van Glabbeek, P. Höfner, A. McIver, M. Portmann and W.L. Tan. Technical Report 5513, NICTA. 2013. http://www.nicta.com.au/pub?doc=5513
Membership in Programme Committees
Grants and Awards
- DAAD RISE worldwide (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Award for young researchers of the Universität Bayern e.V. (2nd place)
(interdisciplinary, December 15, 2008)
press release (in German)
- Woody Bledsoe Travel Award 2008
- Research Scholarship by Universität Bayern e.V.
(integrated in the Elite Network of Bavaria, July 2007 - July 2009)
- Woody Bledsoe Travel Award 2007
- travel support by DFG for visiting ESSLLI 2005