NICTA, Level 5
13 Garden Street,
Eveleigh NSW 2015
Tel: +61 2 9376 2192
Email: sebastien.ardon - AT - nicta.com.au
Google scholar profile: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=VVa6dZoAAAAJ
- Youmna Borghol (completed 2012)
- Feiselia Tan (completed 2010)
I received my PhD in Computer Science from the University Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris, at the Computer Science Laboratory of Paris 6 (LIP6). During my PhD, I visited the rodeo group at INRIA Sophia-Antipolis and spent most of my time at the school of EE&T, University of New South Wales in Sydney.
I then held a research fellow appointment at the University of New South Wales in Sydney for 3 years, working on the Centie project in collaboration with the TIP/CSIRO. I then worked for one year at the Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Ingenieurs de Constructions Aeronautique (ENSICA), working as a visiting researcher in the Computer Science and applied mathematics department. I finally joined the Network and Pervasive Computing group in NICTA in january 2006.
I lead the social TV project at NICTA. My research interests spans from pervasive computing, P2P and generally distributed systems:
- Content Distribution (e.g. peer-assisted streaming)
- Network Measurement and Performance modelling
- Mobile networking
- Recommendation Systems
- Y. Borghol, S. Ardon, A. Mahanti, N. Carlsson. Toward Efficient Streaming with BitTorrent. In Proc. of IFIP Networking 2010, May 10-14, Chennai, India.
- F. Tan, Y. Borghol, S. Ardon. EMO: A Statistical Encounter-based Mobility MOdel for Simulating Delay Tolerant Networks. In Proc. of the 9th IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM 2008), 23-26 June, 2008, Newport Beach, CA, USA
- E. Tan, J. Chen, S. Ardon, E. Lochin. Video TFRC. In Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2008)
- F. Tan, S. Ardon, R. Hsieh. The Impact of User Mobility Patterns on Opportunistic Content Distribution Network. To appear in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Networks (ICON 2007), Adelaide, Australia, October 2007.
- L. Dairaine, G. Jourjon, E. Lochin, S. Ardon. IREEL: Remote Experimentation with Real Protocols and Applications over Emulated Network. ACM Inroad SIGCSE Bulletin, vol 39, num 2, June 2007
- F. Tan, S. Ardon, M. Ott. UbiStore: Ubiquitous and Opportunistic Backup Architecture, IEEE ICMAN workshop. In Proc. Of Fifth Annual IEEE Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, ICMAN Workshop (PerCom 2007), White Plains, NY, USA, March 2007
- M. Portmann, S. Ardon, P. Sénac and A. Seneviratne. PROST: A Programmable Structured Peer-to-peer Overlay Network. In: Proc of the Fourth IEEE Conference on Peer-to-Peer computing (P2P’04). Zurich, Switzerland, August 2004
- T. H. Hu, S. Ardon and A. Seneviratne. Semantic-laden Peer-to-Peer Service Directory. In: Proc. of the Fourth IEEE Conference on Peer-to-Peer computing. (P2P ‘04), Zurich Switzerland, August 2004
- M. Portmann, S. Ardon and A. Seneviratne. Mitigating Routing Misbehavior of Rational Nodes in CHORD. In: Proc. of IEEE-CS SAINT 2004 International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Internetworking, Tokyo, Japan, January 2004.
- S. Ardon, P. Gunningberg, B. Landfeldt, Y. Ismailov, M. Portmann, and A. Seneviratne. MARCH: A Distributed Content Adaptation Architecture. In: International Journal of Communication Systems, Wiley, , 97-115. October 2002.
- S. Ardon, P. Gunningberg, Y. Ismailov, B. Landfeldt, M. Portmann, A. Seneviratne, and B. Thai. Mobile Aware Server Architecture: A distributed proxy architecture for content adaptation. In: Proc. of INET 2001, Stockholm, Sweden, June 2001.
- M. Portmann, P. Sookavantana, S. Ardon, and A. Seneviratne. The Cost of Peer Discovery and Searching in the Gnutella Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Protocol. In: Proc. of ICON 2001, Bangkok, Thailand, October 2001.
- S. Ardon, C. Diot, B. Landfeldt, and A. Seneviratne. Resource Reservation in a Reactive QoS Scheme. In: Proc. of GLOBECOM 99, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, December 1999.
- R. d. Silva, B. Landfeldt, S. Ardon, A. Seneviratne, and C. Diot, Managing Application-level Quality of Service through TOMTEN, In: Computer Networks journal, Elsevier, vol. 31 pp. 727-739, 1999.
- R. De Silva, B. Landfeldt, S. Ardon, and A. Seneviratne. TOMTEN, TOtal Management of Transmissions for the ENd-user, a framework for user control of applications behavior. In: Proc. of International Workshop on High Performance Protocol Architectures (HIPPARCH '98), June 1998
- M. Portmann, S. Ardon, P. Senac, Peer-to-Peer networks: promises and challenges. To be published in Ambient Intelligence, Wireless Networking and Ubiquitous Computing. Artech House publishing. 2005
- Identifying relationship between users of a communication domain. S Ardon, A. Seneviratne, M. Ott. Patent Application PCT/AU2009/001186 and US.
- Online Presence of Users. S.Ardon, R. Hsieh, A. Seneviratne, M. Ott, Patent application PCT/AU2009/001188
- Accessing distributed proxy configurations for Internet server applications that provides automatic way to avoid failing host link, B. Landfeldt, A. Seneviratne, S. Ardon, M. Portmann, P. Gunningberg, Patent Numbers: WO200284972-A; WO200284972-A2; US2002156841-A1; AU2002246477-A1
- Server-to-user delivery of data stream to create distributed proxy configurations associated with server that avoids need for user to manually configure client when connecting to network, B. Landfeldt, A. Seneviratne, P. Gunningberg, S. Ardon, M. Portmann , Patent Numbers: WO200284973-A; WO200284973-A2; US2002165928-A1; GB2390002-A; AU2002251653-A1