NICTA showcases Australian innovation at CommunicAsia
NICTA will take its place at CommunicAsia 2012 Singapore Expo today to showcase its latest contributions to information and communications technology (ICT) innovation. Seven of NICTA’s early stage businesses and research projects will exhibit at CommunicAsia, which runs from today, Tuesday 19 June, 2012, through to Friday, 22 June 2012. This is NICTA’s fifth visit to Asia’s pre-eminent event for the global telecommunications and IT industries.
Visitors to the NICTA stand at BM2-04, Level B2, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, will be able to view demonstrations and talk to NICTA experts about the following research and new businesses:
- Yuruware – Helping businesses take advantage of cloud computing by cutting through cloud complexity and allowing users to make better decisions.
- Intelligent Fleet Logistics – Technologies to help transport and logistics industries realise cost savings by optimising their transport assets and resources.
- ePASA – Assisting businesses and government to avoid ‘melt-down scenarios’ by finding and fixing serious system defects before disaster strikes.
- AutoMapic – A service which automatically analyses video and point cloud data to assemble accurate databases of road signs and other roadside infrastructure for survey and mapping companies and infrastructure operators.
- Goanna – Software which identifies mission-critical defects during software development, saving time and money for the software developer.
- Infrastructure Monitoring – Automated, continuous, real-time structural monitoring system that is currently being tested on the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Trusted Networking – Addressing the fundamental challenge of protecting the privacy of users while enabling innovation in online, personalised service delivery.
CommunicAsia opens each day at 10.30am, Singapore time. The doors close at 6pm today and tomorrow. On Friday, the event finishes at 4pm.
CommunicAsia was first staged in 1979. The annual event brings buyers and sellers together to seek the best returns on investment and to determine the best value and latest convergent technologies and applications. Exhibitors at CommunicAsia 2012 include Asia Broadcast Satellite - ABS, AsiaSat, Comtech EF Data, iDirect, Inmarsat, Intelsat, Iridium, PCCW Global, Singapore Technologies Electronics, Tata Communications, Tektronix Communications and many others. This year CommunicAsia expects to attract over 53,000 attendees, as well as around 2,000 local and international exhibitors.
Document: NICTA showcases Australian innovation at CommunicAsia
Contact: Dorothy Kennedy
Communications Specialist (Media), NICTA
9376 2098 or 0488229687