Call for Papers
CLEFeHealth 2012 is an international one-day workshop on cross-language evaluation of methods, applications, and resources for eHealth document analysis with a focus on written and spoken natural-language processing. We invite research, industry and government representatives to develop with us a roadmap towards the vision of using systematically evaluated ICT tools to analyse and integrate eHealth documents across languages, genres, and jargons. CLEFeHealth 2012 is an interdisciplinary and multi-professional workshop, bringing together ICT developers (university departments, R&D laboratories and software houses), resource developers (standards, classifications, ontologies, etc.), and information consumers (policy makers, healthcare service providers, healthcare professionals, health researchers, patient associations, etc.).
CLEFeHealth 2012 is calling for 1-2 page extended abstracts/ short papers on
a) evaluation of mono- and multilingual methods, applications and resources for eHealth document analysis; and
b) development of statistical and user-feedback based evaluation protocols, settings, methods and measures for cross-language evaluation of methods, applications, and resources for eHealth document analysis.
We welcome submissions from research, industry and government representatives and consortia. Submitted papers should describe original work. Simultaneous submission to other forums is not permitted. A significant overlap in contents with previously published work must be clearly indicated.
Download the CLEFeHealth 2012 Call Flyer.
- All submissions must be submitted via the EasyChair system of CLEF by
May 31June 8, 2012. Please remember to select the submission track of CLEFeHealth 2012.
- All submissions must be in PDF format:
- The maximum length for each submission is 2 pages of A4 paper.
- Margins are to be 2cm.
- Font used must be size 12 in Times or Times New Roman.
- Please follow this structure:
- Materials and Methods
- Figures and tables are allowed.
IMPORTANT: Please remove all author information and acknowledgements from the submission and avoid extensive reference to your own previous work in order to assure double-blind reviews. Acceptation notifications will be sent by June 30, 2012. The workshop will take place in Rome, Italy on September 17-20, 2012.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by three programme committee members. The submissions will be judged on originality, relevance, technical quality and presentation. The accepted abstracts will be presented by the authors as posters in the workshop. All accepted abstracts will be published electronically in the workshop proceedings.
Submission of Papers to Louhi2013
All authors will be encouraged to submit their full paper to Louhi2013, the 4th International Workshop on Health Document Text Mining and Information Analysis with the Focus of Cross-Language Evaluation. Louhi2013, organised by NICTA, will take place in Australia in February 2013 and will have its own peer-reviewed proceedings and special number in a scientific journal. The programme committee of CLEFeHealth 2012 will provide special mentoring for students who wish to submit a paper to Louhi2013. This mentoring is based on the abstract submissions and poster presentations and will be provided in the form of reviews and a special session in the workshop.
- Extended abstract/ short paper submission to the lab.
- Poster session during the lab.
- Mentoring towards submitting to Louhi2013, the 4th International Workshop on Health Document Text Mining and Information Analysis with the Focus of Cross-Language Evaluation, to be held in February 2013 in Australia.
- Publishing the roadmap as a position paper in a high-impact journal. Authors of selected abstracts will be invited to write this paper to a high-impact eHealth journal. The paper will review the workshop contents and introduce the previously mentioned roadmap.
Camera-ready Paper is due 15 July, 2012
- You should take into account all of the reviewers' feedback and suggestions.
- All papers must clearly establish the relevance of the work to the scope of CLEFeHealth2012.
- The length is 2 pages.
- The papers must describe original work, so remember to carefully conform to copyrights with all the content of your paper, and especially with figures. By submitting the camera-ready paper, the authors agree that their paper will be published in the workshop proceedings made available online.
- Assure also the good quality of figures and tables.
- Please use our paper template (MS Word) and send your camera-ready paper to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF document no later than July 15, 2012. Note that the PDF document will be reviewed by the conference chair to assure the high quality standard.
- Do not hesitate to contact Workshop Chair Hanna Suominen (email@example.com) for any inquiries regarding the camera-ready submission.
- All presenting authors must fulfill early registration with payment for their papers to appear in the proceedings.